12 May 2010

A Week in the Life of a Grammar Monkey: Wednesday (Part 3 of 7)

I'm not sure this whole "a week in the life" thing is working out.  I mean -- I went to the gym this morning, then the office, had a meeting, taught a class, came home, cooked spaghetti with Luna and watched American Idol and Glee on TV.  Doesn't that sound kind of like everyone's life?

On the other hand, it rained again this afternoon and evening which cooled things down, and when I went outside to let Luna out we remarked on how cold it was.  On her way home (in her flannel-lined jacket), she checked the temperature on the billboard thermometer above the grocery store, which apparently read 27 degrees celsius.  We just did the math: that's 80 degrees fahrenheit.  80 degrees and shivering?  This is not everyone's life (nor everyone's wildly re-calibrated biological temperature gauge).  It's going to be a long, long winter this year.  Better sweat it up while I can -- luckily for me, that won't be hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment